NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Monday, May 15, 2017

The Final Whistle for Rok of the Reds

Rok of the Reds has reached the concluding issue in its six issue mini-series and it ends in fine form with an exciting finalĂ©. This wonderful comic by John Wagner, Alan Grant, and Dan Cornwell (with colours by Abby Bulmer) has been a pleasure to read from start to finish. 

I won't show any of the interior pages this time because I don't want to give away any spoilers but the script and art is top class as Rok faces challenges on and off the pitch. As I've said in previous reviews of this series, don't let the football aspect put you off if you don't like football. I'm not a sports fan at all and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The sci-fi and sport elements mix well and it's just a damn good comic worth your support. 

Rok of the Reds is a cracking mix of traditional British adventure style comics with a modern approach. It should appeal to people who were fans of Lion and Valiant as much as it'll appeal to today's 2000AD readers. I really can't praise it highly enough.  

I'll miss Rok of the Reds but I hope it'll return for a second series.

Rok of the Reds No.6 is available from any good comics speciality shop, but if you have trouble finding it you can order a copy from the publisher BHP Comics...

...or contact the artist himself at his website...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...